Saturday, November 28, 2009

Non-relaxed natural hair care products?

i heard of carol's daughter and would like to purchase some of her products. does anyone know or have had a personal experiences they can share. also, i would like to know what works best for natural (non-relaxed) african american hair. i would prefer to usual all natural products. my hair has gotten so long and frizzy, i don't know what to do with it. i just want to cut it off..... thanks!



Non-relaxed natural hair care products?

Personally, I don't use any Carol's Daughter products, but I've heard other naturals rave about Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk.



What works for my hair:



* No-pooing w/ VO-5 Conditioners (my hair tends to dry out w/ Shampoo, and co-washing leaves my hair soft %26amp; moisturized)



* EVOO %26amp; Motions moisturizer - I use Motions to moisturize my ends, and then put the EVOO on to lock it in. It protects my ends, so I don't have to trim as often.



* Clarifying w/ Baking soda and water leaves my hair soft and detangled



*Deep Conditioner- Motions Moisturizing Cond.



* Pre-cond. w/ mayo, egg %26amp; lemon juice (sounds yucky but it makes my hair strong and shiny)



Also: Castor Oil, Coconut oil, and indian oils, such as Keshvardhini and Amla Oil, are great for the hair.



I use a bunch of other products (lol), but I don't know if they qualitfy as all-natural products. With long, natural hair, I agree that it's sometimes frustrating, but I find that if I just put my hair in protective styles, such as braids or buns, it allows me to exhale and to not have to worry about it so much.



Hope that helped. =)



Non-relaxed natural hair care products?

I'd like to know as well. I keep my hair in braids because it is too much to deal with, my hair is only shoulder length but it is EXTREMELY THICK and after I take down my braids I get this HUGE AIR FRO, that is so hard to manage. So I stay with braids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans