Friday, November 27, 2009

Can i get my hair toned and permed the same day?

I am going to get my color corrected in my hair and the stylist said she would have to tone it but i'm also really in need of a perm. What exactly is toning/toner and would i be able to do both on the same day?



I'd really only like answers from professional hair stylists and stylists with a knowledge of african-american hair.



Thank You



Can i get my hair toned and permed the same day?

I have been a hairstylist for over 10 years, specializing in multi-ethnic textures and color.



You said you were getting a "color correction"- That generally implies lifting some artificial color off, then toning. The lifting part, no matter how gentle, will always cause some damage to the hair shaft. Toning, when done properly (epecially with a "glaze" or "gloss"-type product), does no damage. It just coats the hair.



Here's the major issue- If you spend a ton of money lifting old color and depositing new, then get a texturizing service (perm/relaxer), the BEST CASE scenario is that your color will change after the perm. Texturizing breaks hair down and lifts color a bit.



I would suggest holding off on the color correction until a week or two after you get your perm. In that week or two, make sure you do a few protien/moisture conditioning treatments. You'll need to build the hair back up before messing with it again.



Most important- Make sure your stylist really really knows what he/she is doing with your color and can explain the entire process before starting. I hate to admit this, but there are lots and lots of stylists who are just decent B.S. artists.



good luck!



Can i get my hair toned and permed the same day?

My Mom is in beauty school.



She said she tried to perm and highlight the same day and her hair literally turned into mush and she had to cut it off.



too much in one day could burn it chemically and Im guessing you dont want that.



Can i get my hair toned and permed the same day?

you can only use temporary color using a permanent toner when getting a perm could cause baldness and or sever hair loss.so think hard and long,wait at least one to two weeks between treatments.



Can i get my hair toned and permed the same day?

What colour is your hair and what colour do



you want it to be after the stylist colours it?



If you're using powder lightener (form of



bleach) on your hair, you should not have it



permed at the same time - ever! Having both



treatments on your hair will chemically "burn"



it.



If you're having both treatments performed by



a willing hairstylist, I'd question who's taking



care of your hair. That person obviously doesn't



care that your hair has a 99% chance of falling



out, burning your scalp or ruining the hair you



have until (hopefully) new hair grows. The human



head and hair can only endure so much.



Pepper.



Can i get my hair toned and permed the same day?

No.



First add your hair color, then 10-12 days later get the perm.



Can i get my hair toned and permed the same day?

Yes. 4 hours apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans