Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

there is this hair growth oil i saw in one of the drug stores nearby in the african-american hair section and it was this oil to make hair grow longer...



but i thought it was odd that it was grouped up in a special section...



i'm white so i was wondering if this oil would still work for growing out my hair?



thnx



xao:D



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

It may depend on the texture of your hair. If it's a product that is used after a shampoo and rinsed out, it may leave too much of an oily residue for your hair texture. However, again it depends on the texture of your hair. Read the instructions carefully before buying and using, and if you still don't know ask a sales person.



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

I'm not sure. If it is specified for black hair then you might look for a hair food for any type of hair. I'm sure they carry it in the drug store as well.



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

I am a hair dresser, and have been for 12 years. Ethnic hair is different for ours. Ethnic hair is alot dryer and breaks easier than ours. so an oil for Ethnic hair might be too heavy for you hair and make you look greasy



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

Yes it matters I'm african american! My hair is thick and some what curely, also grows slow. Blacks don't wash there hair everyday. Whites hair are sometimes thin and easier to manage and wash there hair everyday. Because of the way blacks take care of there hair the product was made for them. The oil probably wouldn't work as good as it would on a black person, because of the hair.



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

NO!!!!! it will work 4 u also!



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

About a year ago my hair I wore my hair spiked and it was a maximum of about 1 inch long, also I colored it alot. I dedided to let my hair grow out because my sister who is 10 years younger had never saw me with long hair since I first cut it all off in 2nd grade. I started using Carson soft sheen Ultimate recovery shampoo and conditioner and saw great results, only after a month of use I realized that it was for ethnic hair. To me this doesn't matter because I had dramatic results in growth and well as much improved hair health. Once a week I used Parnevu T-Tree Herbal Grow for the first few months. The Shampoo and Conditioner didn't cause much problem as far as oil but the T-Tree was very greasy but I left it on for a few hours or however long I had to be at home and then washed it out with the Carson shampoo since chemically something with oil in it is a better solvent for an oily product and would break it down. My hair health and growth was amazing and I had many compliments on it. I would say my hair grew at least 8 inches in the first 5 months which is better than average. I would reccommend anyone try this. It worked well for my hair. I only used it for about 6 months to get my hair started and my hair now is a good 16 inches long.



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

You can always try it. I'm Native American and use Motions stuff all the time. Works like a charm, and it saved my hair after having the pigment put in after a horrid bleach job. Native American people, for the most part, have what's called an "Asian hair type," where it's straight, thick and has the potential to grow freaking LONG. It also sucks up most every bit of moisture it can get, and then loses it just as quickly.



To be honest, I find that some of the so-called "ethnic" hair products are really the only ones that work. My ancestors (and yours too I bet) put oils on their hair all the time to make it nice and healthy, so I don't get why on earth there would be any problem with it. I would just use a bit less than suggested, though, as it may be a bit heavy. Other than that, go for it!



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

I am African American also and I will keep this brief, yes it does matter, and what "julyleobaby" said is 100% correct, and I agree totally. It does matter.



Does it matter if the hair growth oil is meant for black people?

I can't believe that out of all these answers, no one pointed out that there is no oil or product that will make your hair grow? It's a con!



Save your money, spend it on some vitamin supplements instead. The only way to make your hair grow faster is to have a healthy diet, lots of zinc, no smoking/caffiene and no stress. Hair grows 1/2" per month, sometimes more, sometimes less. No oil on earth is going to make your hair magically grow any faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans