Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why are so many African-American women straightening & dying their hair blonde? What happened to

Everybody seems to want to look European these days. Black women are looking more white lately. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? No, I am not a racist, just a curious white boy.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

What difference does it make??? I'm a black female and I perm my hair. I don't do it because I want to look white or be white. I do it because my hair is naturally curly, and I can manage it better when it's straight. As for coloring hair, this applies to every race of women out there. It's not just black women that color their hair. Your race colors their hair all the time as well, and so do other races. If your going to point that particular thing out you need to include everyone else, not just one race. It has nothing to do with black pride. What we do to look different is nobody's business, and if it makes a woman happy then that's all that matters. I never thought this question would be asked by a male. Wow buddy!! You really don't have a life if all you can do is sit at your computer and think up crazy questions like this one.



P.S



By the way some white women perm



their hair to make it curly. What is your



view on that since your so interested in perms.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

Because this is America. All women in America have their perception of beauty. They are not African ~ which is where that misconception comes from ~ they are American.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

well Black peoples hair is usually pretty gross, NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE just saying it IS, it always looks greasy/oilly so they are probably just trying to make it look better.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

Because they want to look like the beautiful white women of the world, but turn it around...If a white girl puts braids in her hair then they say shes trying to be black.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

Well i am a mixed individual, and i tend to like my girls with long hair. Most blks do have short hair, and in order to look more presentable to guys such as myself, they extend it. Now white girls, do have long hair..so i suppose they're trying to look more like them? not exactly. There are many other races out there, but the most noticable one, is white. Maybe its a cultural revolution, be proud of it...they still have blk pride, its in their hearts, and the outer personality, is just to blend in, perhaps.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

Blonde is just a colour people! Get over it!



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

maybe it just looks good. im white and somtimes i play around with my looks. im always changing myself. i have dyed my hair dark and curled it. i have even used extensions. its just fun to make yourself look different sometimes.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

I'm sure in your everyday life, you do not see many black women sporting blonde hair. Come on now. And for the last time, black women straighten their hair because it's more manageable. Not to look white. Who wants to look white. I mean, we're not the ones botoxing our skin, implanting our boobs and butts and injecting our lips. So we're not trying to look like anyone but ourselves. I tell you, white people are so damn clueless.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

Well some of us more conscious black women are going back to their natural roots. Some black women say they don't have natural hair because its "easier to manage" the processed hair (which I think is a load of crock) and of course natural hair isn't necessarily seen as a good thing by a great portion of people



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

I don't know why, but I think it ridiculous. If a woman does her hair a certain way it should at least look realistic. There's nothing realistic about a black woman with blonde hair.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

I don't, the woman in the picture is me, I wear my hair in a Afro mostly everyday. Sometimes I straighten it for a different look, I see straight haired White women that get perms to make their hair curly. I think most Black women straighten their hair because that is the standard of beauty in America, we are always seeing images of long straight blonde or brunette hair as being sexy and beautiful. You rarely see Black models, singers, actresses wearing their natural hair.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

What does hair style have to do with pride in one's race?



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

I have NEVER met a black person with blond hair. I just see them on t.v. Get out of t.v land and meet more than one black woman.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

I think your just seeing what you want to see. I call it selective sight. You see a few people who fit what your looking for(and probably on tv in made up land), but forget about the majority of the ones that don't(in real life). So please don't flatter yourself.



Theres many black women these days that wear their own curly,pretty kinky hair. Not only on commericals but in everday life.



Why do white people get tans-to darken their skin? why do they get butt implants,breast augmentation and lip injections to get bigger full lips- are they trying to look like something else? Why are alot of them so into cornrowing and braids?



I honestly don't think white people and white features are attractive, and i honeslty don't think white people do either- they just try to force it upon people and brainwash others and themseleves into believing so. Its just not much attraction in thin to non existing lips, no curves,no butt,dog like hair, pointy nose and pale,pastey skin. Im sorry thats just not attractive. No amont of brainwashing can make me believe that something ugly is attractive.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

What you are describing, is not just a bad thing, it's a f'in travesty. Look at Beyonce; beautiful, talented, Black and blonde. My best friend owns her own beauty salon, and you should see how many young girls, and even grown women, come in there with pictures of Beyonce, saying, Can you make me look like this? And, as is her job, she does. So to answer you're question, yes, it's a bad thing.



But like my girl Mz Trustme, I'm all-natural. (Well, except color, my hair is dyed brown. lol) In my avatar, my hair is flat-ironed, but in real life, I wear an Afro or braids.



I figure if God wanted me to be a blonde, he would've made me one.



Why are so many African-American women straightening %26amp; dying their hair blonde? What happened to black pride?

"Black women are looking more 'white' lately"??? Wow. Just when I think people can't possibly post anything MORE ignorant on Y!A, someone always manages to surprise me.



Black women, just like ALL women of every ethnicity, constantly change their hairstyles. It's the female perogative. White, hispanic, and asian women perm, straighten, dye, and even braid their hair all the time. Are you saying that black women aren't allowed to do the same? Here's and idea: since you are neither black nor female, why don't you mind your own business and stop worrying about what black women do? I'm sure there are more important things to devote your time and engery towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans