Thursday, June 17, 2010

What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

.........and reduce breakage......



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

Protein, see that is what must african american's don't get alot of. And then also your perm if you use one can be keeping your hair damage, you need to use a perm with Lye. If you notice most well on in the box don't have lye, and the perms without lye is normal for people with puerto rican hair that is hard to break down curls. Usually the ones that come in the bottle is the best, motions, some olive ones too. Also a good thing is to use a hot oil treatment for a while, it will help to stop break and mend. You might one to just snip the ends of your hair. You need to help your cuticle mend and having an excessive amount of spilt ends won't do you any good. Get some protein pills and taking them on a regualry bases. Also make sure to read EVERYTHING you use and see if it has protein, that is the major hair growth factor!



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

Prenatal vitamins will make your hair and nails grow



A deep conditioing weekly will make you have less breakage.



So will reducing the use of blow dryers/curling irons and other harsh chemicals like hair dyes.



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

If it's permed that there is little you can do besides keep it well conditioned with deep conditioners it it is natural go to www.missjessies.com



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

I myslef am african american so i know what you mean, to make your grow the quickest thing is to get estentions then take them out after like 3 months, relax your hair, trim the ends and when you get undergrowth relax it again(its a regular process) then after sometime again get extentions again, rember to always trim the ends of your hair when you dont have extentions in, becuase that makes it grow quicker aswell. to prevent breakage, try hair products like carrot oil and pink oil. Also go to your hairdressers so they can give you treatment like 2 in months or so



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

It takes time, but make sure you grease you scalp at least 3 times a week and use a moisturizer. After washing it apply a conditioner and leave it on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing it out. Try the line of Doo Gro products to strengthen, and oil your hair, and brush your hair everyday. When I was a kid my mother made me brush my hair 100 strokes on every section. The brushing, and the grease stimulates your hair roots, and will help it grow. Stay away from relaxers for a little while, and get your hair pressed instead, and in months you will see a difference.



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

My daughter has extremely long curly hair and people are always commenting on it. One day a cashier asked me if she used a silk pillow case because as a child her hair was very fragile and her Dr. recommended it to help her hair grow and stop breakage.Its worth a try as they usually run less that 10$.



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

Hello BadGirlG,



Although this is a long post, I feel it necessary if one is serious about making changes for the better.



Although I do not have Africian American hair,mine is still very curly. I do not use brushes or combs on my hair, fingers only. I usually use leave-in conditioners that also have a detangler in them, along with a weekly deep conditioner. Try finding natural products at a health food store ,in conditioners %26amp; shampoos. (You'd be surprised to know how many products have urea in them, as in embalming fluid%26amp; other nasty chemicals our bodies are bombarded with every day)I try not to wash my hair more than once or twice a week. I usually wet it in the morning just to emphasize the curls after it dries naturally, no hair dryers please. Use covered elastics only. Do not leave any barretts or elastics in your hair overnight. Try massaging your scalp in the evening or at a time that is convenient for you when you are relaxing, this will encourage blood flow to the hair follicles which will encourage it to grow %26amp; be healthier as well.



May I suggest taking a multi-vitamin pill with no fillers. Your age will dictate which one, for example, if you are in your fifties you would consider one for seniors. Otherwise an adult one would be very good. They needn't be terribly expensive.



Next,looking at your diet may be necessary. A diet rich in fresh fruit ,veggies %26amp; wholewheats if you are able to will be very helpful.



I know this sounds like a lot of work although incorporating a little bit at a time works best so you needn't feel overwelmed by it all.This way it slowly becomes a way of life %26amp; in the end you will see quite a difference in your hair as well as your health in general. Unfortunately there are no fast simple answers to this type of thing . You will see a difference almost immediately %26amp; have more energy to boot.



I hope this helps.



Big Hugs



Marie



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

The secret formula for hair growth is to see that hair remains healthy. And these simple home remedies which will help your hair to grow can be made at home and work out less expensive than other alternative forms of medicines. Try http://solutionsforhairgrowth.blogspot.c... for more details.



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

here is for all the one's who dont know the correct answer to this question its cosmetology 101.....lol (for you badgirl) they dont have to laugh but you can.........the hair goes three phase anagen,catagen,telogen...now let me explain so i can get to your answer.....



anagen the growing phase



average growth of healthy hair on the scalp is about 1/2 " (1.25 cm) per month. at any one time , as much as 90% of the hair on our head is growing.....hair on women grows faster than men...it keeps growing for a period of lasting from 2 to 6 years, during which the hair -shaft diameter increases in size and (if not cut)the hair reaches maxium length.....



catagen the transitional phase



signals the end of the growth phase..it last about one to two weeks...the follicle decrease....



telogen the resting phase 2-6 month of resting ...during this the hair follicle is shorter...



everyone loses hair everyday between 40 and 100 hairs...average head has 100,000



head varies,,,blonde 140,000.....brown 110,000.....black 108,000...red 90,000.....



now what i am trying to tell you is GENDER,AGE,TYPE OF HAIR,HEREDITY,NUTRITION AND HEALTH HAVE A BEARING ON THE DURATION OF HAIR LIFE............................ and the rate ofgrowth of human hair can differ on SPECIFIC PARTS OF THE BODY, between sexes, and with age....



you know i want to switch my new major back to cosmetology so i can become a cosmetologist instructor.....(not directed at anyone)...but this is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth///////////////////////////////////... i can give you some good hair products and we can go from there how about it?????????????



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

I would suggest that you first put your curling iron down (LOL). No seriously, we do a lot of damage to our hair from using too much heat. In order to get your hair back to a healthy condition you will have to move in stages.



First determine that healthy hair is just as important as long hair because without healthy hair you won't have long hair.



Second get a good hair cut/trim whatever you want to call it. Then if you take care of your hair at home invest in a good protein treatment and moisturizing conditioner. I use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo for protein and Tresemme Vitamin E and Herbal Essence (blue) for moisture (they aren't just for caucasians).



I wash my hair no less than once a week, I don't grease my scalp but I do moisturize my HAIR with a leave in conditioner such as Infusium 23 or Paul Mitchell - The Conditioner.



Also be gentle with your ends, they are the oldest and most prone to break after you use a leave in conditioner, put oil on the ends daily to help them stay healthy.



Take it easy on the use of heat, nothing does more damage to AA hair than our curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers but hey, we gotta use them so invest in a good heat protectant.



As far as making your hair grow, you can take vitamins such as biotin, MSM, silica and the like. Remember that hair only grows 1/2 a month on average. You can get more with vitamins and other things.



You should also consider searching the internet for black hair care sites, you'd be surprised how much GOOD information is out there.



What can I (african american) do to make my hair grow?

I can tell you from experience. My hair used to be a little past my shoulders. I didn't grease it, I washed it 3 times a week, and I didn't use curlers or blow dryers. I don't have "good" hair. It's nice and kinky. I just use wrap lotion to wrap it every night before bed and comb it down every morning.Even when I cut it it would only grow to a certain length, never past it. So I got some extentions sown in and kept them in for 4 months. When I took them out and permed my hair, it was in the middle of my back. That was last year in April, and it's still that same length. I might even get some more extentions to see if it gets even longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans