Sunday, June 20, 2010

I am a 16 year old african american girl, i have a serious problem with my hair breaking daily, what

my hair is a little longer than shoulder length almost to my bra strap and cut around my face, the typical cut, i have it permed maybe every 2 months, i use a flat iron and large curling iron on it, to change it from straight to curley, its all over the floor when i get through and getting shorter and shorter, i try not to put too much heat on it, and i use biosilk to smooth it , what can i do or what am i doing wrong?



I am a 16 year old african american girl, i have a serious problem with my hair breaking daily, what do i do?

biosilk is 4 white ppl use optimum shampoo and cond. and don't use alot of grease, if u can help it don't use any, only flat iron once or twice a week, use a dryer that u have to sit under not a blow dryer! e-mail if u need so more tips (ambphi@yahoo.com)



I am a 16 year old african american girl, i have a serious problem with my hair breaking daily, what do i do?

No one knows African-American hair better than a salon that specializes in it =) If you check around the internet or the Yellow Pages, you should find a salon with people qualified to help you. Good luck =)



I am a 16 year old african american girl, i have a serious problem with my hair breaking daily, what do i do?

Stop using so much heat and start wrapping it at night. Weekly hot oil treatments will help too.



I am a 16 year old african american girl, i have a serious problem with my hair breaking daily, what do i do?

use a heat protector on your hair and give it a good deep conditioner every 2 weeks



I am a 16 year old african american girl, i have a serious problem with my hair breaking daily, what do i do?

All of the above advice is good. (I am bi-racial and an African American hairstylist recommended Biosilk to me, but I really didn't like it except as a finishing gloss.) Use a hot oil treatment, gentle shampoo and deep conditioner everytime you shampoo. Try not to use heat to style your hair everyday. Instead, every three days or even weekly, you could use a round brush and a hair dryer on low to straighten your hair, or let it air dry and then use hot rollers. At all times be very gentle with your hair, it is special to you and sounds beautiful.



Do you think the perms may be causing damage? Make sure you follow the instructions and don't wash your hair the day before. Or you might want to stop perming your hair. It sounds weird but I have been using Palmer's Shea butter lotion to smooth out my hair in really dry spots and it actually works great as long as you only use a touch where you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans