Sunday, June 20, 2010

Help with African Hair?

Ok well I am African American and I want to know what should I



use after I wash my hair to keep it smooth and straight? I have a wonderful hair straightener, but my biggest problem is when I walk it flys up and stays there, and it looks really bad.



For example when I come out of the hair salon and the stylist does my hair it's nice, and not weighed down with grease. And when I walk it doesn't fly up, it stays down and looks great.



What can I put in it so it will be straight, smooth and managable and most of all it doesn't fly up?



So for all the African American Women/Girls what is your routine for doing your hair after washing it?



I blow dry it, put grease in it. [This time I used pink lotion.]



Then straighten it in little sections.



Then I wrap it.



Help with African Hair?

My hair used to always do that "fly up and stay there" thing.



You either:



*have a lot of "new growth" (the curly hair that comes in that you relax) which is lifting up your fine relaxed hair.



*You have very fine hair and u put too much product on it.



You could try flat ironing your hair bi-weekly (as in twice a month). I wouldn't recommend anymore since flat irons are so damaging.



Do not use pink lotion or grease. You better not be putting that junk on your scalp either! And wrapping puts too much tension the scalp and hair (depending on if you wrap the same direction each time and how you wrap it). I hope u use a satin cap.



You could always do a rollerset if you have hair that goes past your armpits, it will probably take a while! There's a great tutorial here:



http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_jo...



MY instructions:



1)shampoo w/ Creme of Nature RINSE



2)Deep condition under hooded dryer with Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing pak or Nexuss Humectress RINSE



3)put hair in magnetic rollers



4) sit under hooded dryer until hair is COMPLETELY dry



5) you can do a saran wrap treatment if you like (instructions are on above link, search the site under "tutorials")



You could also do a braid (or twist) out which basically leaves you with wavy hair. To do this, after shampooing, put WET hair in braids/twists. When dry (i wait overnight) unbraid. Do not make too many braids.



Help with African Hair?

You can try Biosilk Silk Therapy when you blow-dry it with a comb attachment. You can also try Fantasia IC Heat Protector Spray (which costs less) before/ while you flat-iron it. Both of these work very well for me and I have natural hair. You can find both at beauty supply stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans